We welcome individual volunteers or groups!
There are many wonderful volunteer opportunities within the Peter Young organization. Join our team and help change lives whether in a one-time or long-term volunteer role. Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Grant Writing – Assist in the research and writing of grants for the PYHIT organization.
- Event Planning Assistant – Assist in the development and coordination of fundraising and special events. Assist with paperwork and general office tasks.
- Tutoring – Tutor children ages 4-17 and assist them with completing their homework (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:30-5 p.m.)
- Mentoring – Meet regularly with an individual to support their personal growth and development.
- Office Assistant – Assist in general office tasks such as filing, answers phone calls, making phone calls, typing, etc.
- Deli Assistant – Clean and help with the upkeep at an Albany delicatessen operated by PYHIT.
- One Time Projects – Painting, Yard work, Cleaning, Family Game Nights? If your organization is interested in volunteering as a group or you would like a one-time opportunity to serve, please contact the volunteer coordinator at (518) 463-1121, ext 260.